- WHIO TV7 - 1608 followers
- Dayton Daily News - Hal McCoy - 1462 followers
- Dayton Daily News - 1387 followers
- WDTN TV2 - 1286 followers
- Dayton Daily News - Ohio Politics - 990 followers
- Dayton Daily News - Mark Fisher Wine - 927 followers
- Greenville Advocate 360 - 903 followers
- WDTN TV2 - Kennan Oliphant - 794 followers
- WHIO TV7 - Rich Wirdzek - 676 followers
- Dayton Daily News - Mark Fisher Food - 611 followers
A few observations on this list:
*Followers as of Oct. 10, 2009.
- The list changed very little since August, with the addition of @darkecounty, which bumped
Dayton Daily News - Kim Margolis.
- WHIO TV7 took the lead over Dayton Daily News - Hal McCoy. Just today, the paper announced that Hal will be staying on in a freelance capacity and continuing his Twitter account.
- Kennan Oliphant remains the most prolific individual media Twitter account, now with 4,710 updates.
- Interestingly, the Dayton Daily News editorial team hits the bottom of this list for both followers and updates, with Scott Elliott, Ellen Belcher, Ron Rollins and Brian Kollars all amassing about 110 updates (97 of them from Elliott).
- Mark Fisher, columnist for the Dayton Daily News, is still the King of this list with TWO of the top ten most popular media Twitter accounts in Dayton.
To see how all the media on my Dayton Twitter list fared, see my spreadsheet.